QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 arises when users try to open the company file created by QuickBooks Accounts Manager in QuickBooks version 2014. Whenever you try to open the file, an error message prompts up which says that the file was created in an older version. Further, when you double-click on the file Error Code 80070057 shows up. Additionally, this also signifies that the Manager cannot read/write and create/delete the Company file.
Different Error Messages:
- QuickBooks Error 6144 82
- QB Error -6176, 0.
- Error -6000, -107
- Error -6000, -1076
- QB Error -6138, -105
- QuickBooks Error -6000, -82
- QB Error -6189, -83
- Error -6190, -83.
- Error -6190, 816
What are the Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 80070057?
- QuickBooks is unable to read the company file as the company file extension has been changed.
- Damaged QuickBooks installation.
- Wrong file extension of QuickBooks for Windows.
- You are using third party firewall which is not supported by QuickBooks.
- You are trying to access a portable file without opening QuickBooks.
- You might be working on a file which is located in USB flash drive.
- .ND file is damaged.
- Improper firewall and internet security settings.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 80070057?
Method 1: Check the Company File Extension
- Firstly, right click on the company file and then select Properties.
- Now click on QuickBooks icon.
- Verify the file extension from the File name field.
- Click on Ok.
Change the Extension
- Make a new folder and copy the company file and paste it to a new folder.
- Rename the file extension to .qbm
- Click anywhere on the screen to save changes.
- Now open QuickBooks Desktop to restore the Portable.
- Rename the file extension to .qbb if you are facing issues while opening QuickBooks.
- Next, open QB Desktop and Restore the Backup.
Move the company file to Flash drive
- Firstly, you need to open Windows Explorer simultaneously with QB Desktop.
- Now go to File and create a new folder.
- Copy the “Companyfile.QBW” and paste it in the new folder.
- Lastly, open QuickBooks again.
Method 2: Clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop
Use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool to fix QuickBooks Error 80070057.
Method 3: Download and run the QuickBooks file Doctor to resolve Error Code 80070057
Method 4: Configure BitDefender to Allow QuickBooks Communication
- Go to BitDefender 10.0 and then choose Antivirus.
- Next, you need to select Custom Level.
- Select Exclude path from the scan.
- Now choose New item.
- At last, you have to select UNC path.
Method 5: QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- First of all, you have to search QB DataBase Server Manager in the windows task bar.
- Open it and check if the company file folder already exists.
- Select Scan or Click on Add folder.
- Search the folder location and select it.
- Click on Scan.
- The scan will reconfigure QuickBooks File Sharing Permissions.
All the potential solutions have been described in this blog to help you resolve QuickBooks Error 80070057 easily. If you need any technical assistance or face issue while performing the resolution steps then talk to our certified experts. Just dial our toll-free QB ProAdvisor Number 1-877-263-2742 for instant help.